View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #165
Qzzrbl

Home MUD: #1 Armageddon
Home MUD: #2 Atonement
Qzzrbl is on a distinguished road
Re: Veterans of Roleplay Intensive MUDs

This happens on Armageddon too, though I can't really speak for other RPI muds.

Tell ya what, I'll give Threshold a try so I can have my own opinion on it.

Promise I won't go in with a biased attitude.

Alright, sure. That example might've been a bit out there. x-X

But, to my knowledge, the term RPI was originally created to describe Muds like Armageddon, SoI, Harshlands, etc.

But then other people piped in saying, "NO YO CAN'T USE THAT I WANT THAT TERM TOO!"

So you can understand how that can get annoying.... I'd imagine that no matter what acronym muds like Arm, SoI, etc., etc., try to use there will be other people trying to claim it.

Touche.... I'll give you that one.

I'll stop calling folks out on advertising.

Not exactly.... I just get a bit fired up when things seem to turn into "RPI vs. Everyone Else".

Because it's annoying, it really is.

I tell you, if someone started a thread that called, "Veterans of No-RP H&S MUDs", and someone makes one post about how no permadeath is lame, and how the lack of realism is silly, and then the ORIGINAL POSTER goes on to agree with and carry the torch of that one guy who posted..... There'd be a pretty heated discussion there.

I didn't create this account with the sole intention of joining this thread.

And I don't give two ****s and a squirrel fart as to how long somebody's been on these forums.

If someone does something that *bugs the **** out of me, then of course I'm going to post, and I'm not going to have much nice to say.

This thread was already derailed beyond any hope when I posted.

*(like starting a thread catering to RPI veterans, and then letting it derail, and then -joining- the derail, and the supporting stuff that no true RPI has, and then acting like you tried to stop it when you really only contributed to it)
Qzzrbl is offline   Reply With Quote