View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 10:46 PM   #59
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
KaVir, I hope you enjoy arguing with that straw man.

Is there a single mud on the Professional List that fits your absurd "unemployed scammer" model? Nope. Why? Because since I started the list and this thread, I'm the final arbiter of what qualifies, and thus there is a human being who can make sure there won't be any such mud on the list.

You are nit picking because you know darn well what a "professionally run game" really means, and you know the overwhelming majority of players prefer a professionally run game to a hobbyist game (thus, you don't want to make it easier for them to find professionally run games). It is precisely because of this fact that you keep inventing these silly, bogus examples. You can call them commercial if you want, but I'm calling them professionally run. You can hate it as much as you want, but I really am not concerned with your opinion.

To satisfy the nit pickers, I'll establish the following criterion (subject to change if necessary):

For inclusion on this List:

1) Must be a primarily text based MUD.

2) Must be a legally incoporated business entity.

3) The primary owner(s) or operator(s) must be paid full time to work on the MUD.

4) Must be listed on TopMudSites.

5) Cannot use or have ever used DIKU or any other DIKU-derived codebase. (Why? Because of the list's presence in this forum community. The DIKU issue is too contentious. If any MUD on this list uses or ever used any DIKU derivative, it would completely destroy the list's utility due to the thread being even more mired in flames.)
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote