View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 06:08 PM   #16
misao

misao is on a distinguished road
Re: What are the differences between a MUD and a MUSH?

Delerak, when will you accept that RP 'quality' is subjective? I find MUSH RP 'quality' (leaving issues about playerbase size, lack of PC-driven plots, etc, aside) far higher and less chatroom-like than the emotes that I see in your favourite MUD (the one that you tried to tout in my completely unrelated post). Fully fleshed-out sentences with a high level of detail are of 'higher quality' to me than simple nods, hugs, jumps. But I accept that it may not be to others. And I do not sling MUDs that do not conform to my standards as "roleplaying", or chatroom-like.

I do agree with your points that do actually have substance (as opposed to being just ad hominem attacks), such as the lack of code, though. I suppose that would be a defining difference in my opinion.

Nymeria, I'm not complaining about the lack of characters online in FiranMUX. More about the lack of people doing anything other than just sitting there. I guess that's a major disadvantage of MUSHes. I do hope to find one that isn't like that.
misao is offline   Reply With Quote