View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #41
plamzi

Home MUD: bedlam.mudportal.com:9000
Home MUD: www.mudportal.com
plamzi is on a distinguished road
Re: Do MUDs need to be "brought into the 21st century"

I did miss your earlier post. My impressions were based on a long list of responses to LFM threads, as well as on your OP, in which you pretty much said that bringing social networking into your MUD is never going to happen. Yet, you seem to have social media links on the Threshold website, so I have to assume they are not doing any warping being there. So I'm curious to know at what point exactly you think the warping will occur...

I clicked on and got a "Server Not Found" so I can't ATM evaluate the effectiveness of your enterprise in bringing fresh blood to mudding. I can only say that, if you are already doing that, via the kinds of modernized spinoffs that I've been advocating, then what exactly are you protesting in my ideas, which, if anything, seem very similar to yours?

I never said you should take your existing game and ruin it by trying to make it 'cool' for teens, that's just something you think I said. What I've been saying instead is that it may be possible to take the most essential aspects of what makes a MUD great, and wrap them in a much more modern interface, one that even today's teenagers won't be called 'geeks' by their peers for playing. If that's what you tried to do with Primordiax, then we're already on the same page.
plamzi is offline   Reply With Quote