View Single Post
Old 09-26-2002, 02:56 AM   #29
Elzocone

Elzocone is on a distinguished road
Hello, I’m fairly new to the TMS forums and I when I read this particular topic I was pleasantly surprised.  I was going to suggest something along the lines of some of the previous posters.  What I was thinking was to add a new field to the each muds information.  Along with the fields such as “Codebase”, “Category”, “Theme”, etc..  add “Commercial”.  This would distinguish which games are a ‘pay to play’ and which are ‘free’.  To do this the corresponding field for each mud would either put a YES or a NO depending.  A YES would indicate that that game either required a subscription that was needed, or in some way offered some kind of benefit for players that paid them a fee.  A NO would indicate that they game was completely free of charge and that all players were treated the same (in the sense that nobody was given a purchased bonus).

I realize that it does not put to ease the concerns of previous posters as to alert people browsing the initial rankings page, but what this would do is inform any visitor about the particular game that they are looking at (IE: when they select that game’s information icon).  It would give a straight forward yes -or- no.  A potential player would know up front what to expect and could inquire further as to what is involved.  

Any thoughts?
Elzocone is offline   Reply With Quote