View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
Kepo

Home MUD: Eragard
Kepo is on a distinguished road
Re: When do you stop reading?

1. I'm willing to try a game before reading much about it, as long as I know what to expect from the MUD (i.e., feature set, genre, etc.)

2. I guess it depends on the situation. If it's a tutorial or an explanation or a history, I'm willing to read a lot as long as it's meaningful and well-written. If every fight with an NPC is a novel in itself, I'm certain that I'd just skip most of it.

3. Reading backstory and lore doesn't interest me much unless I've already experienced the world. For example, if I'm playing a game and there's an event involving some historical character, I'm likely to search for that character's story and their place in the world after the event takes place.

4. I'd say that mechanics are my point of interest early on. When I'm comfortable with the mechanics, I'll start to explore the world and learn more about its story and lore.

5. I try to rely on intuition.

6. A line with more than 2 colors; large blocks of text without spacing or formatting; lack of correct grammar or spelling; badly written sentences.
Kepo is offline   Reply With Quote