View Single Post
Old 02-14-2003, 12:40 PM   #1
guru4u

guru4u is on a distinguished road
I preffer pay2play for 2 reasons
1) I like custom codebases,which tend to be pay2play
and I hate going trying mud to mud , most having the same look and fell, LP muds are alittle better on that but..

2)I'm not cheap, if they provide me with a good service and treat me as the valueable asset that I am, I'm more than happy to pay for it

but I have had a bad run with pay2play so far I've try 3

there first I tried had diffcult to use help , and had alot of unimplent skills and eta in sight, and to show you the attitude of these people, in the game if you follow a god, then you have a mark that identifies you when look at, well "set" is the god of theivies, so if you are a theif and you follow set, people know you follow set, When it was request to have the ability to hide the mark, the response was" We can't do it, but we can't tell you why" wtf?

next one I tried is a new mud that started jan 2002, and when I found it was free

loged in virtualy no help flies ,no school, no "first steps guide"
couldn't figure it out, said " well it's new"

well after while I decide to check back to see how it progressed, by that it was pay2play so I think"yea they're charging, they must of got this thing polished", umm same experience

here we just over a year, surely they got things going, so had things change? <drum roll> NO *sigh*

and the thrid on is pricey and admitably the best RP environment and charater is agurably really really slow, and if your like me and you like to kill monsters to collect treasure, you might get a little bored

I noted something while I hunting and thought it was cause it was a low teir, put others confirmed that all teirs are the same

there are a number of creatures in a area, but only one type carries treasure and most often least common

I hope I put this post in the right place, I just had to vent, and am intrested to hear other people views on the subject
guru4u is offline   Reply With Quote