View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #5
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road
Re: NaNoWriMo: Are you in?

Anyone can join in, but it is a hefty goal to reach (for me at least). I thought "Sure, I haven't written anything longer then a short story in decades, but I can do 50,000 words in a month."

I am now just over 7,000 words, with more then half the month gone. I also have a new found (or perhaps rediscovered) respect for people that write novels.

I am pretty sure I will not reach 50,000 words by December, but it has been fun interacting with some of the people on the forums there, and I have read a lot about writing in the meantime (on the site, their forums, my regions and from their weekly email pep-talks). I am actually pleased with what I have written so far, and I will continue on with it even after the month is over. It is giving me one heck of a chance to write the histories and back stories for the world on which I usually spent my time coding (and asking others to write the histories).

I look forward to next year's challenge as well.

So if you have a novel popping around in your mind, and want to try to bash as much of it out as you can in 14 days, I say give it a shot!

Forgot to add the main webpage:

Last edited by Mabus : 11-16-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote