View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #4
Quitupalar

Name: David
Home MUD: www.darkmists.org
Quitupalar is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

I can vouch for Sengeril as a player. I created an account to come here and post about DM myself but looks like he beat me to it. I've been playing this game off and on for 15 years. Never been an IMM/Admin and never wanted to because life gets in the way too much. Took a year hiatus and and just started back up recently because I had just bought my first house late last year and was getting ready to leave on deployment. Now I'm on my way back home and it's time to get back into the swing of things. Can't wait to see my family!

Now on to the MUD. I enjoy Dark Mists because it's challenging. If you go exploring you are going to eventually run into a strong aggressive MOB, maze, or a trap. There are many puzzles built into the game and its items. As an example one item that has always piqued my interest is a sword that based on key phrases you say it changes it's damage type. You have to search for clues in game to know what to say.

I also enjoy the roleplay in Dark Mists. With how the houses and clan systems are set up you can pretty much pick any roleplay you want. If it doesn't fall under how a house operates then you can start your own clan with a small amount of gold. Immortal worshiping is another form of roleplay available with rewards from your chosen God or Goddess if you roleplay well.

Playerkilling is also a thrill. While the classes aren't 100% balanced most of them are pretty close. Some are a little stronger than others but I don't feel as if any of them are unplayable. Gear has a big factor in PK and the biggest challenge to a new player will be to figure out where to get the good gear from. My fellow players and I are mostly nice and will help with that if someone asks. We have a newbie channel which broadcasts to pretty much everyone that is very useful for when starting the game.

I've tried other MUDs and none have come close to how this one feels. The big downfall is that the playerbase is small right now. A lot of newer players get frustrated with the challenge of the game.

If you feel like coming to play with us check it out @

Check the forum for info on how to play. The strategy guide section has a "How to play Darkmists" guide in there on the first or second page that I wrote that may be helpful. I posted it under one of my old characters names, Joad.
Quitupalar is offline   Reply With Quote