View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 02:03 PM   #47
malaclypse

malaclypse is on a distinguished road
The way your boogeymen muds label themselves is actually an industry standard. Don't believe me? Check out the site for . So all arguments of morality aside, its not an uncommon practice.

That being said, I'm wondering if the Carrion Fields boys will be labelling their mud as "Optional payments may influence gameplay.", since it appears they're using a business model of their own. From their site:Now I would be very surprised if they could look me straight in the face and tell me that players with a carrionfields address don't have a bit more respect and influence within the game.

Now obviously the IRE and Carrion Fields business models -are- different, but its mostly a question of scale. The problem I have with this proposed change is that the terms are ambiguous, charged with preconceptions, and being created with a specific target in mind. And like Estarra astutely pointed out, its a losing battle if those targets disagree with the terms.

- Ryan

p.s. I'm glad "Traveler" chimed in with the player perspective. But can anyone point out to me a forum topic on the TMS site where a player complains that they were deceived into playing an IRE game and now feel victimized?
malaclypse is offline   Reply With Quote