View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #59
Aarn

Aarn is on a distinguished road
To quote the_logos
I am 100% confident that anyone who actually looked into the things Carrion Fields does to generate revenue would agree that they have no affect on gameplay what so ever. In particular, we allow you to purchase a very detailed character sheet once your character is dead and gone that includes immortal comments, pk statistics and more from your life. It's something the players like to see, and makes for great discussions regarding past characters. It creates no affect in the game what-so-ever.

Personally, I would be fine with adding a checkbox for "Game is run by paid professional staff." and "Game is run by volunteer staff." Would that make you happy enough to deal with detailed checkboxes on whether people pay to play your game or not?

I don't think it would. If you really were cool with "full disclosure" on the listings, you would have just proposed the other check boxes you wanted to see to go along with the "pay to play" stuff. Instead you're just grasping at whatever you can to keep from having to properly label yourself.

But please, prove me wrong. Post the list of checkboxes YOU think MUDs should use when listing on TMS, if the existing proposal isn't good enough for you.
Aarn is offline   Reply With Quote