View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 05:32 AM   #2
Kleothera

Kleothera is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for a mud...suggestions?

Hmms. Not sure if you would like it, but Dragon's Exodus?

1. Newbie Friendly. It would help if you say that you are new though.
2. RP Encouraged,
3. optional PK. You cant be PKed unless you opt for it. And even then, many places are safe. actually few players are PK. If you want to compare your ability to hit each other, we have an arena.
4. got lot of quests- static, dynamic and occasional imm ones. Adding more static quests (riddles type things) slowly that would conntect areas with each other.
5. dwarves can forge and we have some crafting systems.
6. leveling is pretty much through killing though- although you can get exp through RP as well. This is one thing in which we deviate strongly from your ideal.
7. its unfortunately medieval fantasy- another thing you would not like.
8. You loose some exp if you die- but not excessively so. Your corpse would decay if you do not find it or get someone to recover your corpse by magical means in the next 20 min or so. However, the contents fall on the ground so you would likely get most of your stuff back.
8. You can advance pretty easily leveling solo. There is some nice eq that others can get you, but you can survive very well on your own. Besides the eq you quest for is best anyway. Its a rather small-medium sized game and therefore creating a system where you HAVE to group would restrict people playing.
9. Almost no stock left. Besides we are an EOS codebase which isnt exactly familiar to most people. Slowly removing the few stock areas left. I think less than 5% areas are stock atm.
10. I would say the imms are friendly. But then I am an imm too! I am not going to say I am a meanie!!!
Kleothera is offline   Reply With Quote