View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
ww_crimson

Home MUD: Aarchon
ww_crimson is on a distinguished road
Re: phone friendly MUD?

Aarchon is not a MUD specifically designed for phone-friendly play, but we do have a few features that might accommodate a phone user.

The ones mentioned above:
Brief : Doesn't show room descriptions when you move, only when you type look
Compact : Removes extra blank line spacing

Some others:
Combine : Combines all similar objects in your inventory
Action : Automatically uses a skill/spell for you during combat without adding lag (saves a ton of typing)
In game aliases : You can make you own aliases that save to your player file to shorten common command sequences
Heavily Customizable Prompt : Display anything from room exits, to your group leaders' health status
Gag Features : Gag extraneous messages like missed attacks, equipment swapping messages, faded attacks, aura damage, etc.
Channel History Commands : Playback channels to see any discussion that you missed

I imagine that many MUDs offer a lot of similar features, but if you're interested, come check us out. I know for a fact we have at least 3 players who play from their phones right now.

You can idle for about 8-10 minutes before being disconnected, or longer if you setup some basic triggers. We advise against the triggers though because you can starve/dessicate yourself and die.

Blowtorch is the best client that I know of for Android. I use it with a few customized buttons from time to time and it works well.

-Astark
Aarchon
ww_crimson is offline   Reply With Quote