View Single Post
Old 09-13-2003, 01:40 PM   #10
Michiel

Michiel is on a distinguished road
As I explained before, I'm not starting Grendel, I'm trying to find other developers to help me on the project.

Grendel is not at all a translation of SMAUG or Diku, it merely uses some of the internal concepts and flags. If this makes Grendel a SMAUG/Diku derivative, I will have to take a look at my own license (which is as flexible a license available). I do not agree that I should start from scratch to rid myself of any derivative "status".

I find it somewhat amazing that instead of helpful replies, or even "I hope you succeed, good luck", all I get is remarks on licensing issues and "why did you choose windows".

Why I chose Delphi? I grew up with Pascal, and since Delphi is essentially just (Object) Pascal, the choice was clear for me.
Also, I believe that a language does not dictate the nature of an application. You are correct in saying that Delphi has a strong IDE, a number of components that greatly ease the burden of Windows interface programming, etc. etc., but do not forget that all these bits and bobs are not part of the language.

Thank you all for your replies. I intend to make Grendel a better codebase, and these replies certainly do help, even if they're not what I had expected. Feel free to contact me personally on too.

Regards,

Michiel
Michiel is offline   Reply With Quote