View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 03:47 AM   #23
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough

I dodged it by taking it head on and giving two example explanations? You even responded to them both so I know you didn't miss them. How can you accuse me of dodging the issue when I addressed it directly?

You even agree with one of my explanations for why some muds get bashed more than others, and yet you have the gall to accuse me of dodging the issue? That's ridiculous. I realize you've made it one of your life goals to contradict ANYTHING I post on any forum anywhere, but you should pick your battles better and avoid contradicting yourself so obviously.

Yes, that is exactly what I am asserting.

Are you so naive that you do not think this happens? Are you really this clueless?

This is a phenomenon that is not unique to Mudding. Microsoft does everything it can to "give a bad review" to linux: even in the area of security! They make up outright lies because nobody has the money to challenge them in the courts. They do this because they are jealous and fearful of what Linux represents to them: a threat.

It is a common business practice because it is common human nature. When people are jealous of something or someone, especially when that thing or person excels at something THEY wish they could do, a very common reaction is to attack or impugn the target of their jealousy.

If you are incapable of understanding this, then you are beyond hope.

Before anyone gets carried away, I am not saying this is the ONLY reason someone might write a bogus, bash review. It is ONE of many reasons why open reviews are worthless.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. However, I did not make it an issue of "my mud" as you seemed to do out of nowhere. I have actually SEEN this exact thing happen when I was a player on both of two rival online RPGs: Admins and players of both games raged war on each other via website reviews.

Wake up. It happens every single day in every single walk of life.

Then I offer two more attempts to allay your suspicions:

1) Obviously Synozeer *knew* there were very good reasons that a mud admin would not want to accept reviews, or he wouldn't have made it an option.

2) Read the "Aardwolf" post at the top of this page. While he makes almost the identical point I already made, perhaps you'll manage a split second of objectivity and let it sink in since the message comes from someone other than me.

Perhaps someday you'll understand.

Until then, you will apparently be content with sniping at others because they don't do things "your way."
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote