View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #20
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: So what advantage does the three post rule actually offer?

There's no need to permanently record something like that for future reference. It's just arrogance. "My mud isn't just roleplay-enforced. It's intensive and very realistic and the entire focus is roleplaying and I have a whole bunch of features to encourage that and took out a whole bunch of regular mud features to discourage anything but that. I need an entirely new term for this very special type of mud that separates me from the herd of other roleplaying muds that clearly aren't as intense. People shouldn't have to read the description of my mud to know that mine's special."

Fast forward a year or so to a mud that's extremely roleplay focused, but maybe doesn't have permanent death, or maybe allows for skill improvement and advancement through more traditional mud means, or maybe even has levels or OOC channels, and you get people going crazy. "That's not RPI! It's not as intense as my mud, because of this one thing they do differently, and I don't want people getting confused and thinking their mud is as intense as mine because they call theirs RPI."
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote