View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 04:58 PM   #16
Pleos

Pleos is on a distinguished road
I hadn't thought to keep any official statistics on it, but I think over time we'll get a general sense of what's going on. To date, we have not received any significant complaints at all from the pbase (within the game or our forums).

I expect we'll see a reduction in the app-only races, which is only natural.

My one concern is that we'll see an increase in the non-human races that do not require applications. Not that an increase may necessarily be bad (could just be more solid RPers venturing to TP MUD), but it could mean those people who seek something "unique" and do not want to, or are incapable of filling out an appplication, are venturing to these races. We'll have to see how that goes specifically.

I suspect an application process -is- a turn off to some players, but I do not believe it's a turn off to the bulk of players we are trying to attract. However, we also haven't immediately taken it to the point where you require an application for all races - so in some ways we're hedging our bets, and taking this slowly (since it is a significant change for our pbase).

Now I know there are RPers out there that do not like an application process at all, and it's also for this reason that we haven't made all races require applications. This way those RPers who do not wish to fill out an application can get into TP quickly and get a feel for the game, see if it's right for them. (Note: There are more app-free races than app-only ones.)

This is hopefully a "best of both worlds" scenario.

I also expect some of our existing playerbase may leave because of this, and while that's disappointing, if RP is going to be our "raison d'etre" then we need to do everything we think is -right- in order to push that agenda and purpose forward.

Pleos
Pleos is offline   Reply With Quote