Thread: Seeking a MUD
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
CrimsonStorm

CrimsonStorm is on a distinguished road
Seeking a MUD

Hey everyone. Right now, I'm searching for a good MUD to actually invest some time into. The last that I enjoyed was Achaea, however, I've slowly but surely lost interest. The grind didn't help. Anyways, here's what I'm looking for:

1) Enforced RP: I don't know why, but I can't even enjoy a MUD without enforced, good RP. So, that's probably the biggest thing for me.

2) Good player base: I want to be able to know, anytime I get on, that there will be a good amount of people to interact with. And yes, I know, having a small core group of people can be fun for roleplaying as well, but that's not what I'm looking for currently.

3) Age Restriction no higher than 13: I understand the need for an age restriction (for multiple reasons), but, unfortunately, by nature it is very restricting. It doesn't help to have a good MUD if I can't play it.

4) Grindfest = Bad: Pretty self explanatory. If the only way to have fun in a game is to grind, well, that's not very fun.

5) Medieval Setting: And I hesitate to put this, because it's not that important, but most of the MUDs I've enjoyed have been medieval. By all means, if a modern or future mud fits the other stuff, I'll be perfectly willing to try it out.

6) Good community: This kind of goes along with the playerbase, but a connected, solid, community can make any game better.

That's about it; I'll add more if I think of it. Thanks in advance!

7) Credits: I'm not inherently opposed to some sort of credit system. Where I feel the problem lies is when the credits become necessary to progress past a certain point. And I do consider it necessary even if it's 'possible', but would take more effort than is humanly expected.

Last edited by CrimsonStorm : 03-18-2009 at 08:39 PM.
CrimsonStorm is offline   Reply With Quote