View Single Post
Old 03-07-2003, 04:12 PM   #1
Slanted

Slanted is on a distinguished road
Hello everyone. After many failed attempts to find a mud with slightly stricter criteria, I have narrowed down my desire to the following attributes in a mud. Please suggest any you can find... and I would be especially appreciative if you could point me toward some documentation on the crafting system:

What I would like in a mud:

1) A complex crafting system for many different crafts that does not rely heavily on roundtime. I like long involved processes, but I hate when a crafting system's only gimmic is that everything takes 100+ seconds of boring roundtime. I would rather fill that time doing other random tasks. It would be even better if the processes varied with each crafting based on some random value. That way I wouldn't feel shafted by scripters. As I said earlier, I also like a variety of crafts. I would like to make a sword early in the morning, and in the evening fly it to my client on an animal I have crossbred to be the ultimate arial equipment hauling animal. I am more than willing to put in time on creating items as long as the processes are not boring.

2) Roleplay required world. No offense to any non-RP people, but I find I enjoy games that force everyone to roleply a lot more than those which do not. Nothing makes me want to quit a game more than getting private messages by someone who can only communicate in D3wd speak.

3) At least enough people that I will have the opportunity to talk to one or two of them anytime I log on. I don't need a huge game, but if I wanted to play a single player game, I would just do that instead.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,
Slanted
Slanted is offline   Reply With Quote