View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 12:48 AM   #14
Ilkilyn

Ilkilyn is on a distinguished road
Re: Searching for a new mud.. Help

The Eternal City seems to match all of your requirements very well.

What has kept me playing TEC for 17 years is the combat mechanics. They're simple enough to use well, but those who really delve into how dodges/blocks work will understand how to aim their attacks to do even better. And they will also understand their own defenses well enough to try to adjust their training for their "holes".

The game is not only RP heavy, but also enforced, leading to a real sense of immersion. Characters can become very politically powerful, which can help if you're ever put to trial for murder

Permadeath exists (I've had 3 of my characters permakilled myself, one of them 7 years old), you can own (And if you're lucky enough build) your own home (domus). Item and room descriptions are very detailed:

a blood-streaked iron frighthelm with a faceplate resembling a carrion
human face.

l fright
>
This heavy iron frighthelm was barbarically yet skillfully forged. Large
intimidating ram horns curl around a crown intricately engraved with runes. The
faceplate has been carefully pock-marked and molded to resemble rotting human
flesh. The entire helmet, from plate to neck guard, has been emblazoned with a
deep crimson in splotches and streaks, giving the appearance of splattered and
streaked blood.

Combat Excerpts:

A Cineran foot soldier is stunned!
[Success: 5, Roll: 98] Shifting your grip on your two-handed boison axe apart, you swat downward at a Cineran foot soldier with the head! Critical Hit! Severe shot to the ribs is accompanied by a cracking sound!
A Cineran foot soldier screams!

[Success: 5, Roll: 75] You raise your spiked iron mace and jump up, bashing at a muscular man on your way down! Critical Hit! The attack pierces through to the back of a muscular man's mouth, leaving him choking on the spiked iron mace before he dies.

[Success: 5, Roll: 88] You slide both hands together near the head of your two-handed boison axe, then snap the haft towards a Cineran recruit! Critical Hit! Knockout blow to the head sends a Cineran recruit flying backwards!

Last edited by Ilkilyn : 01-21-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Ilkilyn is offline   Reply With Quote