View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #27
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
Re: What turns people from RP?

Yeah. As another in the Second Life universe of things, one guy I know pretty much quit do to, "too much drama". This is a "post apocalyptic" "dark RP" series of sims, so you get a lot of people doing pretty nasty things to other people, a lot of time spent trying to dance around the issue that X moron doesn't want his stuff touched, even if there is an RP reason for it, others not wanting to RP with Y or Z, because of some random thing that happened a year ago, etc. Basically, instead of playing a part, people invest themselves in the role so much that they get offended when the universe doesn't play nice with them, or they insist on dragging stuff up from way back, when it wasn't even the same character, or role, or situation. And, that is without even mentioning the fools that can't keep real life out of it.

We even have one bunch that jumped ship (you will never see this with a mud, at least not in the same server.. lol) to change their two sims into a different combat system, because they where *convinced* that all the changes being made to streamline the system, fix bugs, adjust race strengths against each other, and prevent people making stupidly over powered weapons, was all about "making money". Same bunch spends a lot of time now complaining how there are not enough people visiting (including me, since, under a new system, I can't show up as my "future" self, like I could when it was still in the same system).

You get ego, politics, and just general dumb, and if you end up the target of all three, or even a lot of one...
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote