Thread: Overenthusiasm
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 04:44 AM   #5
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
I think it depends on the situation, but generally if the player is posting in such a way as to promote your mud (such as placing adverts in their sig, or whatever) then - regardless of whether they are staff member or player - they are effectively representing your mud to the outside world, and people will associate them and their actions with you and your mud.

This could be compared with a situation I read on another board recently, where numerous players from one mud would spam other muds for players - and when approached by admin from the victimised muds, the mud owner would say "I don't care - I can't tell the players what to do".

The same applies for the voting situation you described, or for situations in which an obnoxious poster insists on advertising your mud in their sig - by doing negative things on behalf of your mud, they will draw negative publicity towards your mud.

In such a case I would simply ask the players to stop publically associating themselves with my mud. I've done so before, and I've not had any problems (most of them promote the mud out of devotion, so they're typically pretty well disposed towards doing what they're told).
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote