Thread: Mass Wars
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2002, 05:23 PM   #1
diaskeaus

diaskeaus is on a distinguished road
I've had this idea jumping around my head for the past few months...

There are lots of player wars in muds, PvP wars. What would be really awesome - if a player could join up in a military, and go on campaigns with that military, which perhaps controlled by an immortal, or a high-leveled player, that goes into mass battles. The player would fight other soldiers, mostly NPCs, and perhaps even fight other players if they happened to have joined on the other side of the battle.

These battles would take place in player v. player areas, and each player would receive a certain amount of enemies to fight at one time, depending on the size of the battle, number of troops, to defeat. You couldn't tell the difference between players and NPCs until you actually got into the battle with them.

Commands like engage, retreat, in which the player could go further into the lines, or retreat farther back, either diminsihing their chances of getting into multiple fights or harder fights, or increasing the amount. They could engage as far as the front lines, and retreat as far as a healing place.

Long post, I know. What do you think?
diaskeaus is offline   Reply With Quote