View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #1
DarkOzma

Home MUD: Dragonball Evolution
DarkOzma is on a distinguished road
MUDs with no color at all blur together and are extremely hard to read. People claim that MUDs with colors are poorly done and ugly as hell. Actually I think that all MUDs with no color were built by lazy immortals who don't want to take the time to think of a decent color scheme for their work.

People for some reason are afraid to color their zones because everyone thinks it's bad. They care too much about what everyone thinks. A MUD with color helps you identify items, MOBS and whatever else you want to see in the huge jumble of words on your screen. A MUD with no color just blends together and you have to read every sentence to find what you are looking for. A MUD with color helps you get a feel for the zone, like an ocean colored blue. The reason why people hate MUDs with color is because all the "important higher up" people think colors suck. Why do you people worship these people? Why do you let them stop you from coloring your work? MUDs with no color are hard to read and made by lazy people. The funny thing is that everyone who will post on this topic will claim to hate colors and flame me for not liking MUDs with no color. Very typical if you ask me, everyone on any MUD website forum agrees with everyone else just so they look good online.

More and more MUDs are opening up that use a decent amount of colors. So are you people going to spazz out and boycott all those MUDs because they aren't what you like. MUDs with no colors are a thing of the past and for color blind people. Oh yea, I wouldn't be making this post if everyone on the other color topic didn't talk crap about every MUD that has colors in it. There was not one person on that topic that 100% disagreed with the topic.

So make sure to talk trash about me, my MUD and everything about me. It's what you people do best, so go ahead and make yourself feel better. And I could imagine one of you will say this is making my MUD look bad by posting this, oh well. I still get new players everyday and they aren't going to stop coming because my MUD has colors in it.

And I want to get this out in the open, yeah I don't like any of you. Do you want to know why, you all are trendy and care too much about what the veterans of the mudding community think. Shame on you all.
DarkOzma is offline   Reply With Quote