View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 02:50 AM   #5
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road
In the declining population of the text-MUD community why try to start problems by expressing a mass dislike of everyone in the community over what comes down to being a game-specific design issue?

I tell people not to make broad, sweeping, negative generalizations about Dragonball (and other anime) MUDs because not all of the owners are immature. I tell them they do not know the people and that in the larger scheme of things there is room enough for every genre within the MUD community. Then you come and make broad, sweeping negative generalizations about a diverse group of people as if you know them all. You do not.

If you believe that others cannot make decisions on personal taste for you then you must accept that you cannot make these same decisions for others.

I could care less about "trends" or being part of some imagined click. Genre (punk, horror, fantasy, anime, cartoon, furry, medieval etc.) means little to me. I code games because I enjoy the creation of systems.

Color is a personal taste issue left to each design staff to implement. I like to color my different battle messages, have terrain-specific title color and otherwise use it sparingly for other system messaging. That is my choice and your choices can be different without there being a conspiracy against you.

You hurt yourself by troll-posting.

Best of luck to you.
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote