DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Re: The problem with muds Aka Hello

I am Jaunt (my user-handle on my game). I have played all of the games that I mentioned above, including yours. I've not attempted to state that RPIs are roleplay utopia. I have stated that there is a lot more variance between games that folks in the community refer to as Roleplay-Enforced than games that people tend to refer to as Roleplaying-Intensive. I think that my message is pretty clear that the reason why there is more variety is because there are simply a larger number of "RPE" games than there are "RPI" games. My reference to roleplaying tools infers that there are more coded features revolving around emote/speech/position/etc in most RPIs than there are in most RPEs.

Do you ever see me making personal attacks on the forums over such silly dogma? I support games like yours and Threshold; I spent quite some time fighting for Threshold's notability on wikipedia not so long back, actually. I'm friendly and generally helpful to the community at large. I was attempting to be informative, since that was the nature of this thread. Your response is a bit underwhelming and unnecessary, honestly.

</derail>

Sorry to leave out Southlands on the list of active RPIs; I was not aware that it was still active, and it is the game with which I am least personally familiar. Black Sands is an interesting high-fantasy theme and has potential as well - I do hope that the head programmer will be able to get it back up and running again.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote