View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #42
Fiendish

Fiendish is on a distinguished road
Re: Triggers, scripts, and bots

The question you should be asking yourself is, "As a game maintainer, is it my responsibility to tell my players that they're wrong for feeling the way they do because I think I know The One True Path?"

See, you're focusing on the wrong idea, and it demonstrates a singular lack of perspective on your part. The problem is that the players either want it or they don't. If you don't want to play with other people who are going to bot, you go to a MUD that doesn't allow botting. If you want to bot, then you go to a MUD that does allow botting.

No. Consider, for example, that you have the option of playing human soccer or robot soccer. Maybe you enjoy building robots and want to play robot soccer. Maybe you hate robots and only want to play soccer against people. Maybe you hate robots AND you hate people who are better than you and you only want to play soccer against people in the same class. There are options for all three.

At some point the MUD administrator draws a line in the sand, and some of the potential players will walk across it.
Fiendish is offline   Reply With Quote