View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #5
skaldicpoet9

skaldicpoet9 is on a distinguished road
Re: How to find your MUD Home

Man, that was a great little guide you put together there. I have to say that getting into muds at first was a bit disorienting but now I am getting the hang of it. However, I am still, as you call it, "finding my home", so to speak but think that I have come close. I am really enjoying Aardwolf right now and am planning on creating a character on Armageddon mud eventually.

I have been using your advice on the mud I am playing right now (Wheel of Time mud). I find that some of the things that you mentioned are happening (boredom, incomplete functionality, horrible statting system). The thing that is keeping me there the most is the promise of good, fast PK (which it seems like it would be due to the streamlined feel of the game's descriptions and interface) and a great community. Hell, if it wasn't for all of the cool people I have met on Wotmud I would probably already have quit.

Right now though, I am liking Aardwolf more and more. the support in that game is phenomenal, if there are any mud newbies reading this then I would really recommend trying Aardwolf just for the beginner friendly feel of the game.

I can't wait to try out more muds and find my true home

Thanks for the great post again and I look forward to seeing everyone around the forums.
skaldicpoet9 is offline   Reply With Quote