View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 03:46 AM   #4
mudnutx

mudnutx is on a distinguished road
Legends of karinth is a great MUD with an intricate skill and spell system but I wish its small playerbase would grow a bit.

I have really struggled to find any MUD that I reaaly like. To me, a MUD is a Multi User Dungeon, I.E interaction with other players with a common aim should always be possible; to me even if the playerbase is 1 million, if they are all doing their own separate thing it is not a MUD; it is a solo game with other players as an afterthought and I hate that.

I even tried commercial MUDs at one stage. I treid Runescape but the tutorial sucks; I was directed to find brown rocks and there were none??

I agree that assault is a great MUD if you can work out what is going on. I couldn't find anyone else's bases to attack??

Perhaps I just suck at playing and I should stick to building.

To me a MUD should have an overall purpose for the player. avalon has its jewel hunts thta gain Godhood and shattered world has a purpose of becming king or queen. While there was a lot I did not like about those 2 MUDs at least they imposed a broad aim onto the playing rather than mindless ad hoc mob killing or acquiring loot ad infinitum.
mudnutx is offline   Reply With Quote