Thread: New home city
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2003, 01:19 AM   #3
Aangel

Aangel is on a distinguished road
There will be no walls to the city. Supposedly what happened is the new city was once a sister city to our current one. But, with some horrific battles between ancient gods and a now little known 'extinct' race the new city was closed off. It's surrounded by the ocean on one side and high mountains on the other. So, it's completely enclosed by natural means.

The warrior types are closer to where the entrance will be, then the wizard types will have their library and the clerics will have their temple, the rangers will have their 'park' which kind of doubles as the court yard for the castle, and the rogues will be far down south closer to the ocean. There will be a secret entrance into the castle from the library of a magical sort, along the same lines as the gates that will be scattered around. Of course, there will be the general merchants area and some docks. Obviously it is quite a large area, so I am breaking it up into different sets of vnums, this is to prevent tracking. And I will be able to do some different things area wide for each of the sections without having to be static all the way through (reset messages, etc).

As far as that bar fight, I'm not completely sure yet. It's going to take place in a 4 room area. Probably what I'll do is have some sort of singer walking around in there and have some drunk walk in who doesn't like the song and some other guy gets angry and throws a punch which triggers more punches from other people and so on. It'll be done in the AFK code base, so I'm kind of relearning lol.

In the current city I will have a babbling prophet. That, in my opinion, is going to be one fun mob to make.

Once it really gets going or is completed (I know this is going to take a long time) I'll invite you over to check it out.

Aangel
Aangel is offline   Reply With Quote