View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 06:00 PM   #2
Pleos

Pleos is on a distinguished road
I've used a similar process when interviewing people for Staff positions. It's not something I've put into email form though, or some other text-based form that people could respond to.

Another question I've asked (which may or may not apply to Armageddon given the way that short descs are all people ever see and chars change quicker than on TP) is, "Who do you think is a good RPer and why?" and "Who do you think is a bad RPer and why?". I like to see what kinds of references people have for good RP and bad RP, in the context of the particular game.

I've also asked people to give me their opinion on the existing Staff, be it generally or specifically (i.e. with respect to a specific person or a specific topic).

Also, I wouldn't go just with questions, but have an idea of what answers you're looking for, particularly to questions like, "Why do you want to be on the staff?" In my experience there are better answers than others to this question.

Experience has shown me, as it probably has for many, that it is very difficult to truly -know- someone through online interaction alone. I've been fooled by people, both positively and negatively, and the same can be the case when hiring Staff. One thing I do try and do is ask questions at random - jumping from topic to topic. It's interesting to see how quickly people can respond, and how open they'll be when you are asking direct, pointed questions on a variety of seemingly random topics.

Hope that helps...

Pleos
Pleos is offline   Reply With Quote