View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #59
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: What are the differences between a MUD and a MUSH?

You're an idiot. I would be resorting to ad hominem if it weren't true. The quality of writing depends on the player, the clan you're in.. there are so many factors involved you have to know certain things before playing a certain character. Armageddon isn't one dimensional, it allows for tons of different characters, and players to play the MUD.

If you know that some great writers are playing in Clan X, then you can go to join them. Or you can try to attract players to you and your clan by showing what a great writer and emoter you are.

Either way, you're still daft for thinking the obviously little amount of time you've spent on a mud can tell you anything about something like a player's writing which would be harder to encounter considering Arm averages 70 players a night at peak.

If we were to go by that mantra I would say that MUSHes are completely devoid of ANY roleplay when I login. I've spent 5-6 hours on BoD looking for roleplay. No that isn't the norm? Well that's fine, I'm not going to judge BoD and say that they have absolutely no roleplay. I'm going to make the assumption that they have very few players which is fine. The same way you can't judge Arm and say they have no good writers. In fact many of the players and staff are aspiring writers in the real world. I've had the chance to publish a book of my own which was really fun.

Just out of curiosity what have you written? Are you published?
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote