View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
Lotherio

Lotherio is on a distinguished road
There I was, there I was, there I was ...

... in the Congo ...

Thought I'd jump in an drop a quick introduction like everyone else, before I start inserting my opinions here and there.

I've been Mudding for 20 years, having played LAN based RPGs prior to this, having played the old text games, ZORK and the like. I enjoy Muds for the gaming aspect. I feel I should differentiate that from RP as that seems a hot topic. For RP I gravitate towards the other Mu* environs (Mushs, Mux, Mucks, Moos, Etc.). Of late my preference in RP has gravitated towards freeform/sandboxing rather than strict genre/theme. I prefer Muds where I can explore the game, I have to look at everything in a room, find hidden exits/items/etc, not be shown all exits, items from the get go. Likewise, I don't like to have to join a guild, be handheld to learn where things are in the game, to figure out the economy, or where the best gear is for my character by others.

For the record, my first was Midnight Sun, an LP Mud out of Sweden (now in its second incarnation), followed by Nightmare 3, then Nightmare IV.
Lotherio is offline   Reply With Quote