Thread: LFM
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #16
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: LFM

FYI - Unwritten Legends has been in testing since 1997. They once claimed that they wouldn't open up "gold" until they were sure everything was finished. Of course as any mud player knows, no game worth playing, is ever "finished." It is always changing, always improving, and regardless of the codebase itself, game play is dynamic. There is no "end" to a mud.

They can't verify anything on that application, except perhaps a link-back requirement to activate an account from your e-mail address. Which would only verify your e-mail address, and not even verify that it's the primary one that they're asking for. They have no way of verifying that you're 18 years old or older, or enforcing that rule.

So basically, just have a valid e-mail address and make up the rest, fill it in however you like. If it looks like a reasonable legit app, they'll approve it. They've approved a few of mine in several of their testing phases and I've made up all of them.

Personally, I wouldn't make any serious attempt to play a game where the developers truly and sincerely believe that testing should take 14 years, and continue until the game is "finished." They're as serious with "finishing" their game as they expect me to be serious with playing it.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote