View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #27
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: GUI snippet

I've updated the snippet again, primarily because the MSDP specification has undergone several changes since the snippet was released, but also to resolve a few issues I've encountered while helping other people install it.You can download the latest version from MudBytes .

An updated version of the generic MUSHclient plugin can be downloaded from .

The following muds are now using the snippet to offer their players cutting-edge protocol support:If you've added the snippet but aren't on the above list, please let me know!

There are also a few other muds that have implemented their own MSDP solutions, including The 7th Plane (7thplane.net 8888), which has also incorporated a few of the other features from the snippet, ConQUEST (conquest.sdmud.com 5000), Elvenblade (elvenblade.ca 23), and Lowlands (lolamud.net 6969).

Meanwhile, I've seen a few more muds adding support for GMCP, which offers similar functionality to MSDP. Both protocols make it considerably easier to design graphical interfaces, so it's pretty exciting to see more and more muds .

EDIT: If you're using version 3, there's a bug in AllocString() - you need to replace malloc(Size) with malloc(Size+1), to take into account the NUL string terminator. The Mudbytes link now points to version 4, which includes the fix.

Last edited by KaVir : 09-01-2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Bugfix
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote