View Single Post
Old 07-03-2002, 10:53 AM   #11
Alexander Tau

Alexander Tau is on a distinguished road
Been waiting a long time to be able to post that review have'nt you Threashold? Since the game has just hit the stores in the last week or so it seems you were rather anxious to express your opinion. Your review is not too bad really, you make some assumptions that you have not really been able to test yet (like Multiplay and suitablility for Persistant worlds) but your comments on the single player game were not bad at all.

People keep focusing on the 64 player limit, that is online at one time, a single server can hold 256 player profiles which is not a bad player base. To run a large server for NWN is going to require a powerful machine, and something better than a personal connection. However there will be a massive re-optimization with the patch that should help with this problem.

There are also a number of things that have to be addresses to really get NWN ready to handle all the Persistant World projects that are already underweigh. BioWare has consistantly pledged to work with the community to address those issues. Building a game to handle single play, multiplay and PWs is not exactly a simple thing and no one with any understanding of that expected the game to be perfect right out of the box. But we have a pledge to make it so and that is more than we have had before.

Tell you what Threashold, when some of the current PW projects get going I will be sure to let you know. I have great faith in the Creators in the game community and I think you are going to find some impressive games being created out of the raw materials that NWN provides.

A.T
(-)
Alexander Tau is offline   Reply With Quote