View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 10:41 PM   #67
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Rufton wrote:
Oh, it's true. It's also 6 years old, which means 2/3rds of Iron Realms' time running commercial MUDs has elapsed since then. It's no surprise, I'm sure, that our policies have evolved over that time. The year after that, we opened Aetolia, and made our more or less official policy be that we don't give a damn how much money you've spent when it comes to customer service. Frankly, it's actually easier for us that way as then it's easy to say to big customers asking for special favors, "I'm sorry, but we have a policy, and if we violate that policy for you, we can't legitimately refuse to violate it for others as well. I'm sure you understand." Having said that, I have no problem at all with the idea of people who pay more receiving better service just like I don't have a problem with some guy at a hotel getting a better room because he paid more. In our case though, it's simply easier to treat everyone equally and aside from a few large customers who would -really- like to be treated differently, I think our players/customers prefer this method.

As an aside, most of the people doing customer service these days don't have access to purchase records, so aren't even capable of seeing how much a player has spent.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote