View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 12:45 AM   #2
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: Help Finding a Mud

inb4 plz plz try armageddon mud of the year

Seriously, though I'd really like to try something like this. I can't imagine how a game would implement skills and abilities that are provided by finding random loot, though, unless it's something like where a shield could have charges which let you use a fireball spell a certain number of times, or you can find wands and scrolls.

I've always wanted to find a MUD where dropped equipment items could randomly have a prefix and/or suffix to add particular benefits to the item (a Venomous Iron Sword of Trollslaying could add poison to attacks and have a bonus against trolls, with all the properties of iron weapons), but if I could play a game like how you describe here, that would be awesome. It would be a big change from all the MUDs out there which have the same old train/practice system, or require tons of exp and gold to get skills and levels, or where it's just soap operas between the Old Guard Players Club.

I do know that there are games out there where you can invest roleplay time and points (tokens, coins, whatever) into having the IMMs create unique items or abilities for you, but that usually involves a big time investment (and in the game I'm playing in now, being next-door neighbors with a DM is almost a requirement).
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote