View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 09:05 PM   #1
Burr

Burr is on a distinguished road
Right now, I know very little about the coding of muds, so I was hoping to avoid coordinate-based muds, which I infer are probably harder to code and build in than your typical room-based mud.  Unfortunately, the set of ideas I'm having the most fun bouncing around can't be implemented reasonably without using coordinates of some kind.

Here are three specific questions about the types of coordinate systems are out there that I could look at and learn from:

1) Which codebases (if any) have "roomless" coordinate systems?

2) Are there any codebases or derivative muds in which there are rooms, but where each of them corresponds to a single point in a coordinate system? (That is, the rooms only seem to have size if you are in them; otherwise they are points in space.)

3) Are there any codebases or derivative muds out there that have multiple levels of coordinate systems (e.g., one coordinate system across the world and another within each individual room)?

Finally, of the various codebases you may have listed when answering those three questions, which do you think would be the easiest overall to use immediately and learn over time, for someone who is inexperienced at both coding and building?
Burr is offline   Reply With Quote