Thread: Gay rights?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 04:15 PM   #94
dragon master

dragon master is on a distinguished road
First of all, I never said the KKK was a good thing, EVER. It was always a bad thing, from having an ickyish goal with a very bad means to go about it to having very bad goals in general with very bad means to go about them.

Second, he Bible is just one big story or I guess a whole bunch of little ones, so I don't see what you mean about not finding stories.

Leviticus 20 opens with the "The LORD said to Moses," and goes on to say things like gays should be killed, as should adulterers, disrespectuful children, fortune tellers, and such like that. So, if the stories in the bible are true, God actually said that.

If you want something more storyish, (because maybe you do believe that although the bible is perfect right, God lies in places like Leviticus 20) that actually tells about God doing something awful, how about this:

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up, baldhead," they shouted, "go up, baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24)

These aren't isolated occurences either, there are all sorts of death and destruction as well as encouragement upon things like slavery. The Old Testament encourages all sorts of dreadful things that aren't usually accepted by today's moral standards. Yet, there are lawmakers who look at this same book and take the anti-gay quotes and use them to make laws.
dragon master is offline   Reply With Quote