View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #22
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: LFM: skill-based game with RP

Many muds touch on what OP wants, but no mud is going to be the perfect game, because a mud is 6-200 people on the internet, exchanging text. The roleplaying OP wants can be found in quite a few places, but I'm still going to run off and cybersex the hotties who are actually 56 year old fat women in the real world, and keep track of who's cheating on who, ruining the game for him even though the other 199 players are having fun. Besides, while the essence of fun roleplaying is conflict, conflict with other players in a multiplayer game is stressful and never any good or any fun.

The adventure and PvE environment OP wants can be found in quite a few places, but in a PvE game, I'm going to organize a group of Ps to go kill some Es with me, and as we all know, hunting groups are the antithesis of a good mud. And the other 194 players not in my group are having fun, but because I'm there, OP can't enjoy the game.

And if there's any possible way to buy, sell, and trade things to get ahead, or conflict with some people and side with others, and use drama, conflict, and commerce to make my game easier, faster, and more interesting, you can bet darn well that I'm going to be doing the heck out of that, because repetitive skill spamming and killing stuff is boring. But if a game did away with all that stupid roleplaying drama and player-initiated economics and just allowed botting, I think we can all agree that would be an improvement.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote