Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 12:24 AM   #113
Tim

Tim is on a distinguished road
Ce vrai, mai je’ettude le cultural en l’Europe. The fact is, however, you have to talk about someone when you are discussing these issues, when you do inevitably you will wind up using generalizations to refer to people. This is why I don’t get down on people who use the term INDIAN in the exact same way. “Whites” however, as I have used it here does not mean Europeans, it means those people of European ancestry who live in America. As an American you do not get to say “I have never harmed your people.” The reason you do not get to say that is because you benefit from the harm given to my people. A true European, en Francais a titre d’exemple, can make that claim as they do not benefit from the victimization of Indian people. See, there is that generalization again. I will promise not to knock you for your loose term of the word “white” if you promise not to knock me for loosely using the term “white”, I'll even do you one better and not get mad if you use the term Indian.

Having been born in Pakistan (Peshawar to be exact) and being a veteran of the first Persian Gulf War I know that this is true on a first hand experience. What you are missing is that these three cultures, Judaism, Islam and Christianity all have the same origin. Medieval Spain is very pertinent to draw this point out ….pre and post Inquisition. So my point here is ... what do you think the chanses are that if you find a style of modesty with historic Jewish tradition that you are going to find that same sense of  modesty among the other two. I made this point earlier in relation to my own peoples sene of modesty (or lack there of, from the Puritanical perspective).

And no, if Islam or Judaism had come to the America’s they would have respected our religions and ways of life, if the broader aspect of history is to be believed. (i.e. the Old Testament wars are an exception for Judaism, not the rule.)

I haven’t yet, unless you are Shane under a different user name OR unless you have accepted the sickness that Shane has. Sickness as I am using here does not necessarily mean Christianity … although it is sounding like you are Shane’s kind of Christian, but I will wait a bit before I decide.

I doubt in the extreme you were ever circumcised forcibly at the age of six as a method of discipline for speaking English … and having the “punishment” inflicted by your own priest and then having that priest tell you it was for your own good or having freaked out on you son because of the trauma and then having your son go to that same priest in his dotage to be told … “prove it”. How that specific example relates to ALL Christians is that it is not an isolated incident. Its not even isolated to denomination. It is, however, drastically more common from the Christian church than it is in other religion and the denial of that fact (if you choose to do so) means you have bought and paid for this because you are trying to cover it up.

Then how about fully discovering how your religion’s insistence on converting the “heathen savage” is destroying those cultures today, as we speak, right now.

There is no hope of anybody ever getting along if we DON’T fully understand each other’s cultures and that we are different. If YOU fully understood MY culture or could even understand that you don’t then you might be able to fully understand my stance on Christianity, or at least accept that there is something there that you do not understand but must be VALID. But you do not and it is an aspect of Christianity that they intentionally attempt to make ANY other religion even other denominations of Christianity as non-valid.

These are some of the issues that inspired me to tie into Shane. Shane is the kind of superiority Christian that personifies what I am talking about. They tend to be carbon copy cut outs so that is no great achievement. You appear to be teetering on the edge of that, so lets see what you have to say and go from there.

Oh, and I did not knock Wiikipida to awfully. I’ll let you in on a secret <whispers> I use Wiikipidia.
What I do not do is use it as the primary support for any argument I make, ever. Shane was, despite that she/he will cry “THAT’S NOT WHAT I SAID”.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote