View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 12:09 PM   #72
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Did I say all MUDs shared those reasons, much less every one of them?  No.  But look at a good number of MUDs out there and you'll find them to be pretty much all the same code-wise (variations in the code-base aside), whether they're RP-accepted, RP-encouraged, RP-enforced, or just Hack-and-Slash.  It's a topic that has been brought up (and complained about) before.

Everyone's opinionated, including you and me.  Some people like stock MUDs.  Some people don't.  Some people like H&S.  Some people don't.  Some people like RP.  Some people don't.  Heck, the subject heading of this conversation was "Why I won't play your MUD."  It's someone's opinion, neither good nor bad.

I stand by my observation.  Is it brutal?  Yes.  Am I stating my honest opinion, not sugar-coating it?  Yes.  Those that agree with me, agree.  Those that don't, don't.  It's their opinion too, whichever way they stand (I'm sure someone will point out that it's their opinion that I'm a <insert flame here> too).  But I stand by my observation.  Try out a couple hundred MUDs and you'll see what I mean.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote