View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
Scooch

Scooch is on a distinguished road
New to This - Help Me Find A Home?

As the title states, I'm pretty new to this whole MUD business. I've poked around a bit. I played a bit of Archaea, and then found out it eventually become a pay to win game. I immediately dropped that. I've heard of Aardwolf, but that's often said to be endlessly grindy. I've also heard of Discworld, but I'm not sure if that is serious enough for me to really get into. Lastly, I checked out BatMUD. I like how BatMUD's custom client has a few graphics on it like Achaea's. I'm not quite sure if I like BatMUD, I haven't sat down and ran through any of it. I have a feeling it may not be serious enough for my taste, since there are ducks and penguins as playable races.

That's pretty much all I know about this stuff. I want to find something where combat is enjoyable, RP (I see a MUD's strength to be RP quality, otherwise I'd play something else), there is some seriousness (but not somewhere where I'll be ripped to pieces by the community for my noobness), and PvP. Those are ordered in importance.

Bonus points to someone who can find me a Warhammer MUD? I searched but I couldn't find anything, what the heck man?

Oh, and population is important to me. I'm not sure how many people is enough, but I'd like enough to run into a fair amount of people in most hours.
Scooch is offline   Reply With Quote