Thread: MUD Reviews
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 04:47 PM   #48
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: MUD Reviews

There are too many to link. You'd see that for yourself if you actually took 20 seconds to check the reviews section. It's easy, but here are the directions for the "it's too easy for me, please make life more difficult" types:

On the main topmudsites page, left side, there's a menu. Click on the "Reviews" section. It'll open to the most recent 50 reviews. Of those most recent 50 reviews. 20 of them are NOT spam. One of those 20 that I actually read, was not a review of any sort at all, but rather a copy-paste of a mud's website telling readers what the mud's theme was and how many clans, races, skills, etc. it has. Absolutely no review at all, not even so much as a "try this out, it's great!" at the end. One of those 20 was a response to someone else's review, which I couldn't find, discussing something that "he" said and how "he" was just mad because "his" account was banned.

Of those 20 that weren't spam, I did random checks and found 2 to be actual reviews. I checked on 6 more and found them to be rebuttals to people who posted in the reviews section saying they were banned and how the game sucked. I checked on 3 others written (supposedly) by three different people, all in the same week, using the exact same spelling and grammar errors to tell readers to try their mud because it was awesome and we will all love it.

That's just the most recent 50. 30 out of 50 were spambots. ALL of the spambots were written for either of two muds. So out of 50 most recent posts, 20 of them were at least SOMETHING about the muds they were theoretically supposed to be reviews for. Thirty had nothing to do with muds at all. Of the 20 that were mud-related, the majority of the ones I actually read weren't reviews at all.

There are over 1500 reviews available for viewing. If you want to do some random checks on each set of 50, feel free. The first 50 was convincing enough.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote