View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 06:28 AM   #24
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Any of the RPI MUDs feature similar, and often times quite better, options with furniture than that which Achaea is inflating the significance of.

(To say nothing of Forever's End, Forever Ends, Chronicles of Ritnarium, and any other RPI MUDs that are no more or still in development).

As I've said before, I've tried two of the IRE games and came away noticing nothing that I couldn't find already (and more well-done) on free MUDs. That doesn't just go for furniture alone. I've never encountered RP that surpasses that on the MUDs I've listed above and I've seen great H&S combat on MUDs like Necromium.

Sorry, but the "innovative" and "pushing the envelope" furniture on Achaea is neither innovative nor pushing the envelope. It's old hat and the fact that it didn't exist already in a pay-to-play continues to make me wonder why people choose such games over far better, more innovative, and totally free MUDs. I guess it's like cheap wine. If the best wine you've ever tried comes in a box, you won't really know there's anything better until you try something else.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote