Thread: I NEED a MUD!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 09:14 PM   #1
shaner646

shaner646 is on a distinguished road
I've been playing MUDs, MUSHs, and whatever you want to call them for a while now. I played Gemstone 3 back when it was free if that helps you. Lately though I've been looking for a MUD and I can't find one that I really get into. This is what I'm looking for:
*Realistic- The game needs to be realistic. The game should be RP enforced or manditory. Otherwise, it just takes away lots of the fun. Most of my other preferences come back to this one. This doesn't mean the environment has to be a real place but it should be interesting. It should also have good room descriptions.
*Level-less/class-less- I hate levels and classes. The point of gaining a level that improves all of your stats like inteligents for killing a kobold just seems stupid to me. Also, the point of joining a class and being restricted to those skills annoys me.
*GUILD-LESS- This is for the same reason as the level-less/class-less reason. I hate having to join a guild and then only being able to use those guild skills. I want to customize my character to make them as useful as possible.
*Crafting skills- I don't want to play a MUD where all you can do is kill things. I want there to be skills that allow you to make things. Also, it would be good if players could become healers. Owning a shop would be really good too.
*Player Housing- It doesn't matter if you have to build it or you can just buy it, the point is that you have somewhere to live.
*Equipment saved- Personally, I don't think I need to include this but apparently there are MUDs out there where your equipment doesn't get saved.
*Dedicated playerbase- It doesn't matter to me how large the playerbase is just as long as I won't be the only one on sometimes. I like having people around to RP with.
*FREE- I don't have money to spend on a MUD right now so I'm looking for a free one to play.

These are important but I might be able to overlook them if the game is really good:
*Races- I don't want there to be 20 races in the game. The most fun games I've played have been games with only one race and one race only.
*Restricted PK- This one doesn't really matter that much to me but I prefer restricted PK over none or all PK.
*Large World- I want a large world to walk around in but if the world is fairly small I'll be able to ignore that if the game is amazing.
*Their Own Client- I just don't like MUD clients like GMUD or Fire Client. I prefer playing MUDs with their own client. It doesn't have to be amazing. For example, the client that Achaea uses is fine.
shaner646 is offline   Reply With Quote