View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 01:27 AM   #1
SirTank

SirTank is on a distinguished road
Ok, so here is the scenario. I have a pretty well running free hack and slash mud, but that's really all it is. We have a few big hardcoded quests and some assembly progs, but in essence noone really does them. I want to move into incorporating the requirement of completing quests. I know there are systems out there so I don't want this to be a "how to add quests", but more of how to go about successfully moving and motivating players to do quests.

We end up with a lot of high level players that don't know jack about the mud and haven't been to 75% of the world. I want to use quests as a method of introducing them to the most basic of commands to exploring some of the harder zones. I was thinking of doing this by requiring a completion of a quest before the advancement of each level (150), or maybe every 5 or 10 levels.

To do this sounds like a lot of work. I know there are admins, coders and builders, but are there quest makers out there who specifically look for places to implement quests?

Has anyone attempted such a new thing to users and what was the result?

Tanks
Tank
SirTank is offline   Reply With Quote