View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 04:43 PM   #6
dragon master

dragon master is on a distinguished road
Well, since I wasn't able to log into accursed-lands as it crashed whenever I typed in a character name, I can't say for sure what your emote system is like. But, if by possesive emotes you mean just having a 's added to the end of your name, that isn't very special. Most muds that are RP enforced (that I've played at least) will output "Dude's head is big." if dude types emote 's head is big.

Some examples of the abilities given to the emote command in SoI(I believe HL and Arm have similar abilities):
•a symbol(~) which can be placed before a person's keyword to show that person's name in your emote to all but that person who sees "you"
•a symbol(*) which can be placed before an item's keyword to include that item name in your emote
•you can do 's as I said earlier.
• a symbol(@) that can be used in the middle of an emote to have your sdesc appear there instead of at the beggining. Like "emote eats cheese" might say "A fat, ugly man eats cheese." but "emote quickly, @ eats cheese" would say "Quickly, a fat, ugly man eats cheese."

And back on topic, if you need help with emotes, there are some examples and do's and don'ts on SoI's emote guide. Just click on the following link and chose the emoting guide.
dragon master is offline   Reply With Quote