View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 05:24 PM   #18
Feral Hound

Feral Hound is on a distinguished road
Thanks Jaz, that's pretty much what I was getting at. I don't use "as" all that much, but I do use and a lot. Sometimes I don't even use anything, I just break it up with a comma. FOr instance.

Lii gestures subtly, waving his hands about.

But its getting to the point where most of my emotes are looking like some variation of the above. Like I said, what you can do is pretty limited when every single emote begins with the char's name.

Interesting that you mentioned breaking it up with two sentences. I've been doing that more and more lately. Why did you say you wouldn't recommend doing it often?

Also the /emote command in DGate makes it so the character's action is in parenthesis. For some reason it looks a little...out of place. I'm getting over my dislike for it though. I figure who cares, parenthesis never killed anyone. Still, that would be the closest DG could come to a possessive emote. And because of coding limitations, there would have to be a space between the char's name and the 's. It just looks...messy. But anyway, thanks for the tips. I'll definitely keep it in mind.

On an unrelated note, I tried Armageddon for a few days. I quit eventually out of frustration. I decided I didn't have the patience to start up a new MUD, especially one with a 6 month learning curve. No offense, that game is just too hard.
Feral Hound is offline   Reply With Quote